Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2 PAPERS CHALLENGE AT DIGI CHOOSDAY and SOME GOOD NEWS!!

Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge

Hello and welcome back!!  I am so excited to announce that I have been offered a spot on the permanent DT over at Digi Choosday Challenge Blog!  I have continued to do a ton of shopping at Polkadoodles Shop - Nikky's images are such fun to color and I love how the sets include papers, sentiments, embellies, etc - so great to be able to do one stop shopping!

As you know, Digi Choosday Challenge Blog features a New Challenge each Tues. and you have 2 weeks to play along, so we have our new challenge beginning today and running until September 8, but you also still have another week to play in last week's All About The Men  (ends September 1), so hope you will come play along with both!

Today's New Challenge is 2 PAPERS.  Make sure you read the rules on the right sidebar at Digi Choosday Challenge Blog so that you can play along.  Also, a new DIGI CHOOSDAY DISCOUNT is available for 24 hrs. once the new challenge posts at 8am BST, so make sure you take advantage of that!!

For my creation, I chose to make something a little different than my "typical" creations, so I created a bookmark card and used a sentiment rather than an image for the main front panel of my card.   I was also inspired by the fact that my kids start back to school today, so I picked the image and sentiment to encourage them to continue to pursue their goals and dreams.

 I chose 2 Patterned Papers from Twiggy and Toots Owl Digital Download Collection.  I also used one of the digi images - Cupcake on a pile of books - from the same Twiggy and Toots collection, it is also available as a single image HERE.  For the frame on the front, I chose one of the frames found in the Twiggy and Toots Owl Digital Download Collection and combined it with one of the sentiments from the same Twiggy and Toots collection using GIMP editing program.  I changed the color of the sentiment from black to pink to match closer with the papers.  Frame is printed out twice and cut out by hand and then layered on top of each other to create more depth to the card.  Additionally, I added bling from Bo Bunny and pearl flourish from Zva Creative.


The right panel of the card is scored using a Scor-bug tool that makes perforation marks so that the bookmark separates nicely from the card.  I colored the image with Copics, with Stickles added, and cut with Sizzix die, brown tag cut with Little Bs die and ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


I sure hope you will come play along with us at Digi Choosday Challenge Blog.  Don't forget also to check out all the fabulous DT projects.  

Additionally, there's fun to be had and much inspiration to be gained over at Digi Choosday Facebook Group and Polkadoodles Facebook Group, so hope you will join both places if you haven't already, and if you have, pop by for a visit and come share your Polkadoodles creations!

Enjoy your day!  Many hugs!!

Additional Challenges entered:

Artistic Inspirations - anything goes
Crafting from the Heart - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Love to Scrap - anything goes
MarkerPOP Challenge - anything goes (using Copics)
Not Just Cards - anything goes
Path of Positivity - opportunity
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Great Impressions - add a sentiment
Robyn`s Fetish- use a digi

18 comments:

Emma said...

Fab card Audrey xx

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card
love the colors
hugs

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card
love the colors
hugs

What I Created Next said...

fabulous bookmark card. Great digi and selection of papers. It's great to have you on the team full time now.

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous I love that sentiment and fab tag a beautiful card love and hugs Carole x

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on making the team permanently! I'm so excited for both of us! Your card is wonderful. I like that you made a bookmark out of it, too. Most clever!

Granmargaret said...

Congratulations on being on the design team. Lovely card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Not Just Cards. Hope to see you again next time.

Jane Savage said...

So glad you were mad enough to join us permanently, Audrey, lol!! Another fabulous design and I love that you have combined a gift with the card too! Great idea! xxx

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the sentiment

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Lorraine DT

Mynn xx said...

Audrey, this card is WONDERFUL and exactly what I needed to see today! The sentiment fits my circumstances right now perfectly--and it's so beautifully created! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap, good luck!!! Amy DT

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and such a clever idea.Just love the papers and your lovely colouring.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a card and gift in one! I need to make some of these bookmark cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Great Impressions.

Unknown said...

Great card! Lovely design :)
Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog. Best of luck with your entry!
Tammy DT

Suze said...

Great reminder to take the opportunity to set new goals. I love the layout you have used and the papers you have chosen complement each other beautifully. Thank you for joining in the Opportunity challenge at Path of Positivity.

Lizzy Love said...

super cute!!!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such a pretty card and books definitely holds the opportunity of new discoveries. This is so perfect for our OPPORTUNITY theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}