Find me on Pinterest!!

Come "Like" My Facebook Gallery:)

Saturday, May 8, 2010

DIE CUTS R US (DCRU) GUEST DESIGNER SPOT TUTORIAL

Hi Everyone!  I have been fortunate to have been chosen as the DIE CUTS R US (DCRU) GUEST DESIGNER for the week of May 8.  As GDT, I was to create a tutorial using products from the store.  Have you been to DCRU?  If not, you have been missing out on a WONDERFUL assortment of craft and card making supplies and stamps!  You can check it out right now by clicking HERE.  There is also a BLOG to check out and a CHALLENGE BLOG you'll want to visit so you can play along with this week's challenge.

As for my tutorial, today I will be showing you how to make your own textured DP using supplies you can find at DCRU!    Here's what you will need:
From DCRU - Sizzix Animal prints embossing folder, Pebbles Inc. Chalks, Tim Holtz Distress Inks in vintage photo, peeled paint and dusty concord colors.  You will also need glossy paper, a sponge and VersaMark ink.

First, use an exacto knife and make shavings from one of the chalk pieces.
Cut glossy paper to 4 x 5.25 size.  Sponge ink randomly on glossy paper in all 3 colors of ink.

When you have finished sponging on all the colors, put the paper in Sizzix EF and run through the Big Shot.
Next, sponge Versa Mark ink over random areas of embossed paper.Next, lay paper embossed side facing down into tray with chalk and move around til chalk gets on VersaMark inked areas.
When you lift it off, voila, you will have your very own homemade DP.
Next step, mount your paper on card base and then add your image and embellish as desired.  For my image, I chose a stamp that I bought at DCRU - The Greeting Farm "Chelsea."  I colored her with Copics, cut her with Nesties, daubed around edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Dusty Concord, and decorated with flower from K & Company.
Thanks for the GDT spot DCRU!!  I hope you all like this technique!  Please let me know what you think.:)

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh that's a good idea Audrey, must try that! Jill x

.:♥Marit Pettinga-Meijer♥:. said...

Great tutorial Audrey! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs, Marit.

Cindy N. said...

Great tutorial! Love the idea and inspiration. Thanks.

ails said...

Wow! thanks for this tutorial and inspiration! ^_^